Wednesday, October 24, 2007

And Then What Happened?


Zuni arrived on August 17th 2000 in Colorado Springs, CO from Amsterdam Holland. Being familiar with German Shepherds from way back, now a bit older, a person recognizes a great dog, and I was 'a bit' intimidated. It was dark and his crate, due to delays smelled pretty bad.
Immediately Zuni seemed to take charge, and make me feel at ease. He followed my lead when I put him in the car that was the first time I felt safe when filling up gas when dark with the window rolled down. We received our first of many Many compliments to follow right there.
"Nice dog you have there M'am!"
Our drive was uneventful, but oh so memorable. I remember talking to him about his new life, how lucky I was to have him and how grateful I was that he didn't need to go to a war zone.
Zuni was what is called a Dual Purpose Dog. That means, that dog can do anything, from Patrol work to War Zone Bomb search and Rescue missions. You name it, the dog is over qualified. And here he comes 10 acres of the Land of Manana, with two mutts and an 'owner' to protect and who is going to pamper him endlessly.

Now that is not a bad deal for any of us...!

No comments: